Wednesday, November 28, 2001

whee! that was FUN!

just back from my Tuesday night gig at the Odeon. Had a Blast! It's been way too long since I DJ'd. The Odeon is the perfect place for a punk-heavy set--Husker Du, Nirvana, Sonic Youth, Pixies (3 tracks, total), Bad Religion, The Fall, Wire, Butthole Surfers, Flipper, X-ray Spex, the Replacements, Bow-wow-wow, The Heartbreakers, Mudhoney, Babes in Toyland, Jesus Lizard, Big Black, and my own hometown heros (from Richmond, VA!) Kepone & More Fire for Burning People were played. But, being the college radiohead that I am, there was a much broader setlist, which included Built to Spill, Prince Far-I, Panacea, Kid 606, Witchman, Amon Tobin, Handsome Boy Modeling School, The Ventures, Kool Keith & DJ Spooky, Low, I am Spoonbender, Bad Livers and a guy from Finland (named Paska) doing an acapella version of "Ace of Spades" by Motorhead. I call that fucking eclectic. With a fucking hat on, to boot! Feedback was good, but then feedback is ALWAYS good!

No comments: