Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Final episode of Can Haz DJ Tonight 8pm-2am

mikl-em's Can Haz DJ goes on hiatus after tonight's marathon 6-hour show


Yeah, I'm calling it quits on my weekly radio show for now. Busy with other things which have to take priority. While I love it, it takes up a lot of time to do it right.

I love radio. It has been fantastic to be back at it for the last year and a half. And I'm proud of all these podcasts (which you will continue to be able to listen to if you like).

So how to say goodbye and sign off for the foreseeable future on curating my favorite art form every week? Well cutting out a 6-hour slot, for starters. I'll start 2 hours earlier than usual, at 8pm, and I will go until 2am. That's a full 1/4 of a day that I will be playing music. I can't wait, and I hope you'll tune in for a little bit at least. Don't worry, we'll record and podcast it as well. But it will be special live. I'm working a lot to prepare for it. Tune in tonight at 8pm or any time until 2am on RadioValencia.fm

It's not a sprint, it's a marathon. But that doesn't mean there won't be 20+ songs shorter than 2 minutes to try to maximize the time. I'll also feature about an hour of my favorite cover songs of all time, including a bunch that should surprise you. I also have a special set planned of songs that you'll hear on Radio Valencia, some college radio, or other rare musical outlets that choose freedom and quality and controversy over mass product, advertising and driving in between the lines.

Fucking A. It's going to be a good night. Join me!

No comments: