Tuesday, April 02, 2002

I had a great day while browsing for books at thrift stores last week: I picked up Catch-22 (the film of which I had just seen again a few weeks ago, and I'd been planning on re-reading it), Good Omens by Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett. and The Stars' Tennis Balls by Stephen Fry (oh look, I found the first chapter online!) whose novels I have been am pushing on anyone who will listen. All that plus I scored a Greg Bear book, just as I was nearing the last 100 pages of Eon which has been blowing my mind. I'll write an entry on that book soon, as it really did grab me.

In the process I found an interesting correlation that I had never noticed before, in regards to judging books based on their cover--beware any novel where the AUTHOR'S NAME is printed larger than the title [whoops! I reversed that initially! It's correct now--hope I haven't disappointed my MILLIONS of fans.]
. Pay attention next time you are passing Safeway's book racks. Or maybe I should give Mary Higgins Clark a chance? Nah.

No comments: